Serving seniors and disabled neighbors in Mercer County
Mondays, 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM
Hamilton Township Public Library
1 Justice Samuel Alito, Jr. Way
Hamilton, NJ 08619
Class meets in the Community Room on the lower level. Ample parking is available.
Tuesdays, 10:00 AM
South Village Apartments
312 Lalor Street Trenton, NJ 08611
Class meets in Community Room. Ample parking is available in lot located on Stokely Ave.
Tuesdays, 1:30-3:00 PM
Lawrence Township Senior Center
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Class meets in the community room. Ample parking is available.
Wednesdays, 10:00 AM
Trent Center West Senior Apartments
465 Greenwood Ave. Trenton, NJ 08609
Class meets in the basement. Ample parking is available.
Thursdays, 10:00 AM
Cathedral of St. Mary of the Assumption
151 N. Warren St., Trenton, NJ 08608
Class meets in the church basement. Entrance on the side of the building away from the street. Parking available at the back of the church.
The program is free-of-charge, but registration is required.
To register, contact Evita Giron, Project Healthy Bones Coordinator, at 609-393-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Participation is limited to 15 participants per class.
You must provide a Medical Clearance form, completed by your physician, and a Participant Agreement/Release form prior to participating in the program. You may fax the completed forms to our office, at 609-586-1919, or hand in the Peer Leader at the first session.
- Classes include presentations by medical professionals, weight-bearing exercises, Q&A sessions, and healthy snacks.
- Dress comfortably for the exercise sessions. We recommend sweat suit or shorts/tee shirt and sneakers or walking shoes (closed shoes required at all exercise sessions).
- Bring bottle of water, preferably at least 12 oz.
- Beginning with session four, ankle and wrist weights will be part of the strength training exercises. We provide weights to anyone who needs them.
- Each class is approximately 90 minutes long. The entire course runs for 24 weeks. Participation in all sessions is recommended for the best results.
We are looking for Peer Leaders volunteers!
Volunteer Peer Leaders receive a one-day training, following program guidelines set forth by the Department of Human Services and NJ Division of Aging Services.
For more information please contact, Evita Girón or Lauri Harbison at the Interfaith Caregivers office: 609-393-9922.