Join Our Team
Position: Case Manager – a part-time position (16 to 20 hours a week) working within the agency’s Neighbors Helping Neighbors volunteer caregiving program.
Description: Responsible for coordinating and supporting volunteer caregiving services to homebound elderly and disabled residents in Greater Mercer County area, including: assessing referrals; coordinating volunteer match and support services; assisting with the recruiting, training and supervision of volunteers; managing referrals to outside systems of care; and working with diverse faith-based volunteer leaders and congregations to support their volunteer outreach ministry to agency target population.
- Receive and process referrals of persons in need of volunteer support services.
- Assess client needs; investigate their eligibility for volunteer and other services.
- Maintain client records and complete required documentation according to agency standards. This may include, but is not limited to data entry, progress notes, activity reports, follow-up with group leaders/volunteers, preparation of time sheets and logs.
- Network and develop working relationships with other providers in Mercer County to generate a viable community of resources for the agency’s care receivers.
- Make appropriate referrals for volunteer services and outside support/services for care receivers as needed.
- Assist religious congregations in organizing their volunteer outreach ministry for homebound seniors and people with disabilities. (Occasional weekend and evening assignments).
- Conduct training activities for Group Leaders and direct service volunteers.
- Coordinate the activity of Group Leaders on an ongoing basis, including scheduling/conducting initial visits for new care receivers, incorporating visit notes into client intake records, identifying the need for additional services and, developing case management plans accordingly, making appropriate referrals for additional services, and closing/updating cases as needed.
- Plan and implement in-service special topic training sessions/workshops and for Group Leaders and direct service volunteers.
- Social Worker (minimum BSW) or registered nurse (RN), or Bachelors degree in related field preferred.
- Requirements: 2 years’ experience as a case manager, preferably working with the elderly or people with disabilities;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office); driver’s license and means of transportation.
- Skills recruiting and managing volunteers. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Skilled communicator and a good listener
- Person of integrity and compassion
- Experience working with and for a diverse population, including various interfaith traditions.
- Able to give presentations to large groups in a variety of settings, including faith communities and congregations, senior centers, community and civic organizations
- Reviews and provides monthly, quarterly and other programmatic reporting requirements as needed, for all agency governmental and foundation grants;
- Assists with all aspects of grant submissions for the agency including grant writing, new program development, and managing application attachments, as required. Work with the agency’s Executive Director to monitor submissions, deadlines, and funders’ reporting requirements;
- Provides programmatic, donation and funder statistics as needed to Executive Director and Program staff;
- Attend monthly staff meetings and provide statistical updates on volunteers and receivers;
- Assist with development of grant and program budgets;
- Assist with maintenance of ICGMC donor database;
- Supports all fund development activities or the agency;
- Provide support to Volunteer Managers and Business manager as needed;
- Assume other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or a related field
- 3 years of direct grant writing experience
- Proficiency in MS Office products, with expertise in Word, Powerpoint and Access
Position: The agency is seeking a part-time Finance Manager/Bookkeeper. The schedule for the position is two days per week, for a total of 16 hours per week.
Description: The Finance Manager/Bookkeeper is responsible for all day-to-day financial matters for Interfaith Caregivers of Greater Mercer County (ICGMC). This includes full charge bookkeeping duties, financial reporting, grant budget preparation and reporting, donor tracking and fiscal oversight of fundraising events. This is a part time position which reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Record and pay accounts payable
- Process employee payroll
- Make deposits and manage accounts receivables
- Create financial statements and related financial reports
- Reconcile bank accounts and petty cash accounts
- Collect information as needed for the annual audit
- Maintain a coherent system of accounts, with a supporting filing system
- Monitor and account for fixed assets; monitor cash levels
- Maintain and ensure compliance with ICGMC financial policies and procedures
- Manage financial records in accordance with ICGMC records retention policy
- Assist with developing the annual budget
- Assist with development of grant and program budgets
- Assure financial compliance with grant requirements and/or reporting
- Assist with maintenance of ICGMC donor database
- Oversee the financial management and reporting for all fundraising events
Requirements: All candidates should have proven interpersonal skills, knowledge of the issues affecting the elderly and persons with disabilities, and familiarity with community resources. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a full charge bookkeeping position
- Extensive hands on experience in QuickBooks accounting software
- Proficiency in MS Office products, with expertise in MS Excel
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting is highly desirable
Promote the independence, dignity and wellness of homebound elderly and people with disabilities by matching them with supportive and caring volunteers who assist with the tasks of everyday life.