Join Our Team - ICGMC has two employment opportunities.
Position: The agency is seeking a part-time Grant Writer/Manager. The position is a 10-12 hours per week day-time position, on-site at ICGMC office. During 2021, this position will work remotely until the ICGMC is fully re-opened.
Description: The Grant Writer/Manager supports the grant seeking and statistical reporting needs of the agency. Working closely with and under the supervision of the Executive Director, the position assists with grant writing and grant submission activities, addresses grant reporting and program outcome/data requirements, and monitors the agency’s database.
- Reviews and provides monthly, quarterly and other programmatic reporting requirements as needed, for all agency governmental and foundation grants;
- Assists with all aspects of grant submissions for the agency including grant writing, new program development, and managing application attachments, as required. Work with the agency’s Executive Director to monitor submissions, deadlines, and funders’ reporting requirements;
- Provides programmatic, donation and funder statistics as needed to Executive Director and Program staff;
- Attend monthly staff meetings and provide statistical updates on volunteers and receivers;
- Assist with development of grant and program budgets;
- Assist with maintenance of ICGMC donor database;
- Supports all fund development activities or the agency;
- Provide support to Volunteer Managers and Business manager as needed;
- Assume other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
All candidates should have proven interpersonal and communication skills, knowledge of the issues affecting the elderly and persons with disabilities, and familiarity with community resources. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or a related field
- 3 years of direct grant writing experience
- Proficiency in MS Office products, with expertise in Word, Powerpoint and Access
Position: The agency is seeking a part-time Finance Manager/Bookkeeper. The schedule for the position is two days per week, for a total of 16 hours per week.
Description: The Finance Manager/Bookkeeper is responsible for all day-to-day financial matters for Interfaith Caregivers of Greater Mercer County (ICGMC). This includes full charge bookkeeping duties, financial reporting, grant budget preparation and reporting, donor tracking and fiscal oversight of fundraising events. This is a part time position which reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Record and pay accounts payable
- Process employee payroll
- Make deposits and manage accounts receivables
- Create financial statements and related financial reports
- Reconcile bank accounts and petty cash accounts
- Collect information as needed for the annual audit
- Maintain a coherent system of accounts, with a supporting filing system
- Monitor and account for fixed assets; monitor cash levels
- Maintain and ensure compliance with ICGMC financial policies and procedures
- Manage financial records in accordance with ICGMC records retention policy
- Assist with developing the annual budget
- Assist with development of grant and program budgets
- Assure financial compliance with grant requirements and/or reporting
- Assist with maintenance of ICGMC donor database
- Oversee the financial management and reporting for all fundraising events
Requirements: All candidates should have proven interpersonal skills, knowledge of the issues affecting the elderly and persons with disabilities, and familiarity with community resources. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a full charge bookkeeping position
- Extensive hands on experience in QuickBooks accounting software
- Proficiency in MS Office products, with expertise in MS Excel
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting is highly desirable
Promote the independence, dignity and wellness of homebound elderly and people with disabilities by matching them with supportive and caring volunteers who assist with the tasks of everyday life.