Join Our Team
Interfaith Caregivers GMC is actively seeking to fill the position for Volunteer Recruitment Director
At the present time our agency has no pending positions. But please stay tuned for future postings and opportunities to join our dedicated and compassionate team.
Volunteer Recruitment Director
Position: The agency is seeking a part-time Volunteer Recruitment Director, working on-site at ICGMC office, with off-site community outreach hours. Business hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, but position will include evening and/or weekend hours as required.
The Volunteer Recruitment Director reports to the Executive Director and works in cooperation with the RSVP Program Director to expand volunteer recruiting activities and secure new RSVP volunteers to provide caregiving and wellness services, in accordance with RSVP regulations and rules established by AmeriCorps Seniors and the goals and activities set forth in the Interfaith RSVP expansion grant application.
- Maintain files, records, policies, data, and procedures specific to the RSVP Expansion Program.
- Help establish streamlined grant-reporting mechanisms to demonstrate program outputs and outcomes required by AmeriCorps Seniors and the RSVP Program. Generate additional narrative and data reports as needed and required, including internal reporting for the RSVP Advisory Board, the Trenton Action Team and the ICGMC Board.
- Make public presentations to congregations, clergy and community groups; conduct workshops and community presentations; correspond and interact with religious clergy.
- Develop partnerships with new congregations, faith leaders and community leaders with a goal of expanding service locations, volunteer teams and service recipients in high-need communities, with specific emphasis on Trenton and other diverse communities in the county.
- Be an active advocate of the agency and its mission within the community at large, and specifically with our congregation partners, other social service agencies and our public constituents. Represent, recruit and advocate for the RSVP program at outreach activities and events, including setting up and staffing exhibit tables, as needed.
- Assist in implementing systems and processes to support RSVP and ICGMC program operations and program administration in cooperation with the RSVP Program Director, and other program staff.
- Assist with Group Leader and volunteer recruitment, training, and supervision.
- Assist with care receiver intake processes, make assignments of care receivers to congregations/volunteers, make necessary referrals, and provide consultation to care receivers, volunteers and Group Leaders, as needed.
- Assist with and support Group Leader meetings and Community Workshops.
- Assume other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
ICGMC requires a candidate who possesses strong community outreach, program management, project leadership and communication skills. He/she must also be able to perform diversified functions including: public speaking, volunteer management, and grant/program reporting. The candidate must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with little supervision. The ability to work cooperatively as a team member is essential. Experience working with the elderly and disabled population is essential.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 5- years relevant work experience, with an emphasis on strong community outreach and public speaking skills.
- Experience working in and mobilizing services for diverse communities, knowledge of Trenton and Mercer County required.
- Experience with volunteer recruitment and management.
- Experience working with interfaith leaders and communities.
- Bilingual preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office programs is required.
- Driver’s license and means of transportation are required.
- Resident of Mercer County, NJ highly desired
Interested parties should email resume to Linda Gyimoty at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-393-9922 for more information.
Interfaith Caregivers of Greater Mercer County (ICGMC), an interfaith coalition, is dedicated to promoting the independence, dignity and well-being of homebound elderly and people with disabilities by matching them with supportive and caring volunteers who assist with the tasks of everyday life