ICGMC Response To COVID-19
We are meeting the challenges of the COVID-19 virus every day through a strong commitment to our mission, and by creating service plans that balance the health and safety of our elderly and adults with disabilities, while still meeting their most essential needs.
Project Healthy Bones, our wellness and exercise program, offers virtual and limited in-person classes. Zoom virtual classes are held twice a week to help seniors stay fit and strong, and to keep participants socially engaged while staying at home.
Despite critical safety limitations, our staff and volunteers continue to provide vital caregiving services through Neighbors Helping Neighbors program. Following CDC social distancing and safety guidelines we have made necessary adjustments:
- Friendly In-person Visits are changed to Virtual/Phone visits
- Volunteers shop for groceries and deliver them to care receivers
- Our volunteers continue to provide transportation services wearing face masks and keeping safety distance
Volunteer COVID-19 Protocol
Protect yourself, your family and your community by
We are asking all of our volunteers take extra precautions, re-mask during your volunteer time and increase your safe distancing again. Help us all get through this winter as safe as possible.
Due to the significant impact of the COVID-19 Omicron variant, the CDC recommended new Isolation and Quarantine guidance on January 4, 2022. The new guidance clarifies how long a person is maximally infectious, and the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines, and booster doses against Omicron infection.
- Call (General COVID-19 Questions): 2-1-1 (24/7)
- Call (Medical COVID-19 Questions): 1-800-962-1253 (24/7)
- Text: NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive alerts
- Download COVID Alert NJ app here
- Visit CDC website for national health information
- Visit NJ COVID-19 Information Hub for NJ information
- Mercer County COVID-19 Information
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
- Search for available vaccine appointments – Vaccine Appointment Finder
- Register for Covid-19 Vaccine – NJ Vaccine Scheduling System
- Call senior-specific NJ COVID Call Center hotline – Seniors, 65 and older, can call 856-249-7007 (available 8am-8pm)
- Get Help With Scheduling An Appointment – covid19.nj.gov/vaccinehelp or call NJ toll-free COVID-19 vaccination hotline: 855-568-0545
- NJ COVID-19 Vaccine Information – NJ Gov – COVID-19 Vaccine: most current information on COVID-19 testing, vaccination and eligibility.
- Free at-home saliva test for COVID-19 The saliva test is available to County residents 14 years or older and anyone employed as a first responder or health care worker in Mercer County. Details on the at-home COVID-19 testing.
- COVID-19 testing locations – An updated list of testing sites in Mercer County can be found on the Trenton Health Team’s website.