In 1698, they were granted land near the corner of Route 206 and Carter Road for a cemetery, school house and church. The present structure was built in 1764.
The church roster is a who’s who of New Jersey history. John Hart, signer of the Declaration of Independence, was baptized there on December 31, 1713. Legend has it that Molly
Pitcher, heroine of the Battle of Monmouth, was also baptized there as Mary Ludwig. In 1810, the seventh minister of the church began, what is now, The Lawrenceville School.
While the congregation is proud of its past, they choose not to live in it. Today, the congregation reflects people of diverse perspectives, lifestyles and backgrounds, bound by a commitment to serve those beyond the church walls in innovative ways.
For example, the church is developing The Community Well, utilizing church facilities as a center for wellness and volunteer programs to “Be Well. Do Good.”
Rev. Jeffrey Vamos, pastor since 2005, affirms the church’s nine-year partnership with ICGMC as an opportunity to be Christ’s hands and feet in the world today.
Learn more: pclawrenceville.org