The program was developed by the NJ Department of Health and Senior Services and the North Jersey Regional Arthritis Center.
We are able to offer it free-of-charge thanks to support from a Socialization and Recreation grant from the Mercer County Office on Aging and City of Trenton Community Development Block Grant.
We offer two 24-week sessions annually at five locations. Spring sessions begin in March. Fall sessions begin in September. Classes at St. Mary’s Cathedral are offered in bilingual format to accommodate Spanish-speaking participants.
Hamilton Township Public Library
- 1 Justice Samuel Alito, Jr. Way, Hamilton, NJ 08619
- Mondays, 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM
- Class meets in the Community Room on the lower level. Ample parking is available.
Cathedral of St. Mary of the Assumption
- 151 N. Warren St., Trenton, NJ 08608
- Thursdays, 10:00 AM
- Class meets in the church basement. Entrance on the side of the building away from the street. Parking available at the back of the church.
Trent Center West Senior Apartments
- 465 Greenwood Ave. Trenton, NJ 08609
- Wednesdays, 10:00 AM
- Class meets in the basement. Ample parking is available.
South Village Apartments
- 312 Lalor Street Trenton, NJ 08611
- Tuesdays, 10:00 AM
- Class meets in Community Room. Ample parking is available in lot located on Stokely Ave.
Lawrence Township Senior Center
- NEW CLASS begins with orientation January 11, 2017.
- Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- Wednesdays, 1:30-3:00 PM
- Class meets in the community room. Ample parking is available.
The program is free-of-charge, but registration is required.
To register, contact Program Coordinator, Lisa Patten at Lisa@icgmc.org, or by calling 609-393-9922, extension 106. Participation is limited to 15 participants per class.
You must provide a Medical Clearance form, completed by your physician, and a Participant Agreement/Release form prior to participating in the program. You may fax the completed forms to our office, at 609-586-1919, or hand in the Peer Leader at the first session.
- Classes include presentations by medical professionals, weight-bearing exercises, Q&A sessions, and healthy snacks.
- Dress comfortably for the exercise sessions. We recommend sweat suit or shorts/tee shirt and sneakers or walking shoes (closed shoes required at all exercise sessions).
- Bring bottle of water, preferably at least 12 oz.
- Beginning with session four, ankle and wrist weights will be part of the strength training exercises. We provide weights to anyone who needs them.
- Each class is approximately 90 minutes long. The entire course runs for 24 weeks. Participation in all sessions is recommended for the best results.
Open and print Participant Information Sheet for reference.